The delicious version of banana bread without using Maida (plainflour), without using Sugar. It is very healthy version of banana bread compared to plain flour bread. Banana is known for its own nutritional benefits. Here, bread is baked without oven. Oven version is also shown.
The ingredients or items required and the preparation time is also less. The use of banana in the bread enriches the nutritional benefits and also the taste. The speciality of this recipe is it is an perfect for any Indian kitchen. The wheat flour is healthier option compared to that of plainflour.
The usage of jaggery instead of sugar also enriches the nutritional values. Eggless banana bread is shown here. Substituting the egg with yoghurt and oil. Powder the jaggery before using. Mix it very well using grinder or mixer. It is important to mix the yoghurt or curd with oil very well to get the fluffiness in the bread.
This bread is as fluffy and as tasty as maida or plain flour bread. Here, there will be no usage of brown sugar. The bread appears to be golden due to the usage of jaggery and wheatflour. This can be stored in air tight container for kids snacks box.
Tricks for good taste:
- Use thick curd or yoghurt.
- Chop dry fruits while using. Here I have used raisins, pumpkin seeds and walnuts. Any available dried fruits can be used here.
- Do not over bake the bread. Go for toothpick test if needed.
- Vanilla can be replaced in place of cardamom here
Servings: 10 Members
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking Total Time: 55 Minutes for non-oven, 45 Minutes for oven.
- Snacks recipe for kids, cracker box.
- Easy snacks in less time and less ingredients.
- As a birthday cake recipe using wheatflour and jaggery, healthy snacks recipe.
Detailed Short Video Recipe: https://youtu.be/RtVazkDPtGI
- Wheat flour –1.5 cups
- Jaggery (Cane sugar) — 3/4th cup or 12 spoons (can be replaced with white sugar)
- Cardamom –3 pods
- Cinnamon –1/2 inch
- Yoghurt / curd –half cup (12 tbsp)
- Any flavourless Oil –Half cup (12 tbsp), Sunflower Oil used here.
- Any dry fruits –Half cup (Raisins, Pumpkin seeds, Walnuts)
- Baking Powder –1tsp
- Baking Soda –0.5tsp
Step 1: Add 3 pods Cardamom, half inch cinnamom.
Step 2: Add 3/4th cup Jaggery and Half cup Yoghurt (curd), half cup Oil.
Step 3: Grind it to fine paste on high speed.
Step 4: Mash 3 bananas in a bowl.
Step 5: Mash it well and mix it with ground paste.
Step 6: Sieve 1.5 Cups Wheat flour, 1tsp Baking powder, 0.5tsp Baking Soda and mix well.
Step 7: Mix it well to thick dough and add dry fruits of your choice.
Step 8: Transfer it to a greasy bowl with butter paper lined, level it.
Step 9 : Bake it for 40 Minutes on Low flame (non-oven method). Preheat 10 minutes, Pan with Salt closed holes.
Step 10 : If using Oven, Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius and bake for 30 Minutes.
Step 11: Allow it to cool and cut it to desired shape.
Here you Can:
Try, Taste & Comment.
It Motivates! 😊 Happy cooking.