After reading my blog about Besan laddu, many friends had ordered for Laddus during Diwali/ Deepawali festival. So, thought of sharing this recipe among you all so, it may help someone to prepare laddus in bulk for festivals/ any celebration sweets during this isolation time. You can have a short peek into my previous post where I had prepared 10 besan laddus easily. How to make laddu easily without breaking. The secret tips and tricks while making any type of laddus are:
1. Choosing the fresh flour, roasting it on low flame till it releases ghee.
2. Using fresh ghee, measuring right amount or proportion of ghee with respect to flour and
3. Mixing the powdered sugar well (after cooling the roasted paste).
If you follow these tricks, laddu making is as easier and smoother as my besan laddus 😉 Ladoo/ laddu is a Indian sweet recipe using gram flour. The recipe uses only 3 ingredients as main, it is simple yet tastes heavenly. Gram flour is called Besan in Hindi, ಕಡಲೆ ಹಿಟ್ಟು in Kannada and “Chana peet” in Konkani. Chana pitta undo/ Kadale hittina ladoo sweet recipe tastes too delicious. The pure ghee or melted butter in the recipe enriches the moisture content and taste. Nothing can replace the ghee in this recipe. Laddus are prepared mainly during festivals, pooja/ Ganesh chaturthi as a prasadam. Making sweets in bulk enriches the taste to greater level. This laddu melts in mouth and you will not end with 1 laddu 😉 Using this recipe proportion, you can make 100+ ladoos (around 115 medium sized laddus).
Easy, quick and simple sweet recipe in few minutes. This sweet recipe is prepared using sugar/ cheeni. The ingredients required and the preparation time is also less. The use of dry fruits in laddu
sweet enriches the nutritional benefits and also the taste, crunch. This can be prepared as an easy and quick festival sweet recipe or snacks time sweet recipe. Good for kids and all ages. Here, I have used the standard cup measurement. But it can be replaced with normal available cups. Make sure to use same cup/ vessel for every measurement. Cups in spoons conversion is given below. This is Prasad recipe, bhog recipe, ladoo recipe, laddu recipe, Sweet recipe using besan /gram flour or dry fruits based sweets.
How to replace standard cups with normal home available cup? Convert cups in terms of spoons.
1 standard cup = 16 table spoons.
3/4th standard cup = 12 table spoons.
Tricks for good taste:
- Use fresh besan or gram flour.
- Roast the paste on low flame. It emits wonderful aroma after 10 minutes.
- Add the cardamom (optional) it gives good flavor.
- Add Ghee while binding laddu. It enriches the flavour (optional).
- Do not make the mixture dry. It will be difficult to bind if mixture is dry.
- The besan colour should change after well roasting.
- Allow the mixture to cool then Add sugar powder.
- Add only few cardamoms, more results in bitter taste.
- Grind cardamom with sugar for saving time and enriched flavour.
Tips for laddus:
- Always measure the flour, sugar and ghee in proportion.
- The ratio of flour and sugar should be 2:1 ( For 2 cups flour, you need 1 cup sugar and less than 1 cup ghee, almost 3/4th cup ghee).
AMCHI Cooking Recipes:
- Panchakajjaya/ Panchakadayi
- Lentils soup/ Dalithoy/ Belesaaru
- Curry without onion and garlic
- Curry recipe without dal
- Sweet poha recipe
Recipe in 2 minutes short video: https://youtu.be/2a8MjCXRuTA
|1. Gram flour/ Besan/ Kadale hittu/ Chana peet||10 Cups|
|2. Sugar||5 Cups|
|3, Ghee||4 cups|
|4. Chopped Cahews, almonds||1.5 cups|
|5. Cardamom/ Elaichi||5-7 pods|
Servings: 115 Laddus
Cooking Total Time: 80 Minutes (including roasting, cooling process)
- Dessert recipe/ naivedhyam/ Prasadam/ bhog recipe.
- Festival sweet recipe/ quick sweet recipe for kids.
- South Indian festival sweet recipe for thali.
- Easy Dessert recipe for lunch or dinner.
Step 1: Add 5-7 cardamom pods into mixer jar.
Step 2: Add 5 cups Sugar into it. Grind batchwise if jar is small.
Step 3: Grind to fine powder.
Step 4: Add 4 Cups ghee/ melted butter to a pan.
Step 5: Add 10 cups besan/ gram flour (batchwise; add little ghee if mixture turns dry).
Step 6: Mix well and saute the mixture till the raw flavour goes off , till ghee releases and mixture turns to liquid texture (It took me 20-25 minutes for 10 cups flour).
Step 7: Once the mixture turns to liquid paste, add the chopped cashews and almonds. Mix and saute for 3 more minutes. Switch off the flame then add few raisins. (adding dry fruits are optional).
Step 8: Allow it to cool completely.
Step 9: Add the powdered sugar once the paste is cooled completely.
Step 10: Mix well and bind it to desired sized laddus.
Here you Can:
Try, Taste & Comment. You can post the recipe pics you have tried from AMCHI Cooking on AMCHI Cooking’s YouTube, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram.
It motivates. Happy and lovely Cooking 🙂