Cauliflower gravy/ Gobi curry without dal (lentil). It is also called as “Cauliflower Humman” in Konkani. It is a very simple curry, easy and delicious recipe. It just requires 15 minutes to cook. No need to use daal/Lentils unlike other curries. Instant cauliflower curry without daal/ lentils. It’s Simple and also healthy curry for lunch or dinner recipe ideas. It is one of the Konkani/Coastal curry recipes.
Cauliflower blends well with Potato. This easy curry tastes best with Chapathi/ Roti/ Rice/ Nan/ Bread. The best side dish recipe for dinner or lunch. It can be made with Potatoes, Yam or Peas. Unlike other recipes, it requires very less oil. The usage of coconut amount is as per your taste. Fresh coconut or desiccated dry coconut can be used.
Tricks for good taste:
- Use coconut oil for more flavour
- Chop Cauliflower to bigger florets if using cooker
- Addition of Potato is optional
- Add Kashmiri chilli for good colour in curry (optional)
Servings: 4 Members
Total Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: Total 15 Minutes
- Side dish recipe for Roti/ Chapathi/ Phulka/ Rice
- Side dish recipe with Dal. South Indian veg curry.
- Side dish with Dosa/ Idli/Appam/ Porridge.
- Cauliflower – Half
- Potato –3 to 4
- Cashew nut (optional) – 8 to 10
- Salt – 3 spoons
- Coconut oil/ any oil – 2 tbsp
For Masala/ paste:
1. Coconut desiccated- 1/2 cup
2. Red chilli – 6 (Medium Spice level)
3. Tamarind – 1 small lemon size
4. Water – 1 cup
Detailed recipe Link: https://youtu.be/cpUTf488AxE
Chop and Peel Potato and Cauliflower to bite sized florets
Cook for 1 whistle in pressure cooker or in a pan.
Prepare masala by grinding Coconut (1/2 cup), Red chilli(6-medium spice) and tamarind (lemon size)
Mix ground paste, cooked veggies, and 1 spoon oil (coconut oil gives good flavor)
It Motivates! 😊 Happy cooking.