Indian sweet recipe using gram flour. The recipe is simple yet tastes heavenly. gram flour is called Besan in Hindi, ಕಡಲೆ ಹಿಟ್ಟು in Kannada and “Chana peet” in Konkani. This sweet recipe tastes too delicious. The pure ghee or melted butter in the recipe enriches the flavour. Nothing can replace the ghee in this recipe. This is North Indian style recipe which are prepared mainly during festivals, pooja/ Tulsi pooja/ Ganesh chaturthi festival time sweet. This laddu melts in mouth and you will not end with 1. This recipe can make 10 laddus (medium sized).
Easy, quick and simple sweet recipe in 10 minutes. This sweet recipe is prepared using sugar/ cheeni. The ingredients required and the preparation time is also less. The use of dry fruits in laddu
sweet enriches the nutritional benefits and also the taste, crunch. This is Indian sweet ladoo recipe best prepared during festivals (normally). This can be prepared as an easy and quick festival sweet recipe or snacks time sweet recipe. Good for kids and all ages. Here, I have used the standard cup measurement. But it can be replaced with normal available cups. Measurement is given below. Prasad reicpe, bhog recipe, ladoo recipe, laddu recipe, Sweet recipe using besan /gram flour or dry fruits based sweets.
How to replace standard cups with normal home available cup? cups in spoons.
1 standard cup = 16 table spoons.
3/4th standard cup = 12 table spoons.
Tricks for good taste:
- Use fresh besan or gram flour.
- Roast the paste on low flame. It emits wonderful aroma after 10 minutes.
- Add the cardamom (optional) it gives good flavor.
- Add Ghee while binding laddu. It enriches the flavor (optional).
- Do not make the mixture dry. It will be difficult to bind if mixture is dry.
- The besan colour should change after well roasting.
- Allow the mixture to cool. Add sugar powder when it’s warm.
AMCHI Cooking Recipes:
- Panchakajjaya/ Panchakadayi
- Lentils soup/ Dalithoy/ Belesaaru
- Curry without onion and garlic
- Curry recipe without dal
- Sweet poha recipe
Recipe in 2 minutes short video: https://youtu.be/2a8MjCXRuTA
Servings: 10 Laddus
Cooking Total Time: 15 Minutes (including cooling process)
- Dessert recipe/ naivedhyam for god.
- Festival sweet recipe/ quick sweet recipe for kids.
- South Indian festival recipe for thali.
- Dessert recipe for lunch or dinner.
|1. Gramflour/ besan/kadle hittu/ chana pitto||1 cup|
|2. Sugar||6tbsp (less than half cup)|
|3. Cardamom pods||3|
|4. Ghee/ melted butter||7tbsp|
|5. Dry fruits||any|
Step 1: Add 3 cardamom pods into mixer.
Step 2: Add 6tbsp Sugar to it.
Step 3: Grind to fine powder.
Step 4: Add 4tbp ghee/ melted butter to a pan.
Step 5: Add 1 cup besan/ gram flour.
Step 6: Roast it on low flame for 5-6 minutes.
Step 7: Add ghee if required. Roast till colour slightly changes and aroma fills kitchen.
Step 8: When the mixture turns to paste texture, add the dry fruits chopped. Saute 2 min.
Step 9: Allow to cool and then add sugar powder.
Step 10: Mix well using hand and roll it to laddus.
Here you Can:
Try, Taste & Comment. You can post the pics you have tried from AMCHI Cooking on AMCHI Cooking’s YouTube, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram.
It Motivates! 😊 Happy cooking.